5 Ways To Strengthen The Core Architecture Of Your Website
Whether you’re a business owner, blogger, or e commerce genius, everyone needs a stronger website. You need a site that can handle a surge in traffic if you have a successful ad campaign. You need a site that is safe and secure from hackers and intruders. There is always something you can do to strengthen the core foundations of your website. Today, we’re looking at the best ways to do that, and make your business the best it can be.
- Upgrade your web host – Most standard web host services are a shared hosting solution. That means you’re sharing your servers and hosting space with countless other websites. You’re balancing the weight of web traffic with hundreds of others, and using the same resources. That means the strength of your site is reliant on lots of other factors. If you’re serious about strengthening your site, you need to look at dedicated servers. That means you get a hosting space all to yourself. It’s a stronger, safer way to host your website.
- Backup your data – If your website fails, you could lose a lot of data. Although every precaution is taken by your web host, every site is at risk of hacking and crashing. If this happens, you’ll lose the integrity of your site, not to mention all your content and media. As you can imagine, this would be a nightmare for your business. The first step is to ensure that your web host offers a sensible cloud storage solution. Secondly, you can install a plugin like BackupBuddy onto your website to safely backup all the content. If the worst happens, you should have easy access to get it back online.
- Tighten up the metadata – Metadata is all the descriptions, tags, and titles that form the back of your site. It’s a key part of your search engine optimisation strategy, as it helps Google’s crawlers index your website. It also strengthens your site by harnessing keywords and descriptions. We’re talking about the core architecture of your website here. Make sure it is tight and waterproof in the backend.
- Internal and outbound links – As you can imagine, lots of links strengthens your website significantly. The more links going out and coming in, the more structured your site. It also means Google will rank your website higher. Try to create a web of great links going in and out of your website. Post guest blogs on other sites, and encourage people to link back to your site. These links are your foundations. The more you make, the stronger they get. Of course, you should look for quality too. A link from The Huffington Post or New York Times is a very strong foundational link.
- Hone your call-to-action – Finally, let’s take a quick look at the surface of your website. If you want a strong site, you need one important call-to-action. Eliminate any clutter or fussy design. Instead, opt for one strong defining feature. Make sure your visitors understand and do it. That’s how make your site strong!
Have you got any more tips or tricks? Please do let us know in the comments below!